Would your business like to increase its capital and draw on an alternative source of finance to bank credit? If so, crowd-funding could be the solution. It consists of an appeal to the public at large to fund your company's projects.
How does it work?
BNP Paribas Fortis has teamed up with MyMicroInvest – leader in the Belgian crowd-funding market – to help you finance your projects via crowd-funding. Practical details:
- You upload your project directly to the MyMicroInvest website;
- You then receive a response within 48 hours;
- If this is positive, MyMicroInvest will allow you to present your project publicly on its website, to persuade potential investors to back you;
- Anyone can invest in your product for amounts of EUR 100 or above. These can be private individuals or larger investors of the ‘business angel’ or venture capital fund type.
- The sums raised in this way are pooled in order to form a sufficient amount to fund your development projects;
- If the amount raised from the public exceeds EUR 300,000, the regulatory authorities will classify it as an ‘Initial Public Offering’. In this case, MyMicroInvest will publish an issue prospectus for your business within two weeks.
- Diversify your sources of finance: it is good in the current climate to be able to turn to forms of finance other than bank credit.
- Strengthen your capital: the funds raised from the public are invested in your business, enabling you to strengthen its financial structure and to benefit from an additional lever that offers (renewed) access to traditional bank funding.
- Marketing tool: people who have invested in your project are your best ambassadors. The size of your community of ambassadors gives you an immediate insight into how much confidence it has in you. This translates into valuable market research, while increasing your visibility and audience.
- Increased sales: the association of your investors with your project motivates them to promote it. Their own networks can help build your business.
- Single point of contact: you gain access to the crowd as a whole through MyMicroInvest.
Good to know
- MyMicroInvest offers investors the chance to participate in the success of innovative enterprises. Their investment supports the economy and contributes to job creation.