As a business listed on the stock exchange, you and your shareholders sometimes have to contend with complex operations involving, for instance, exit from the stock exchange, the restructuring of your share capital, or dealing with a hostile takeover bid. These are all situations in which you should call on the Corporate Finance team at BNP Paribas Fortis.
How does it work?
Advice for listed companies is aimed at company directors and their shareholders. It relates in particular to three areas:
- Public takeover bids (including market exit) and equity-exchange offers;
- Financial engineering solutions designed to optimise companies’ market value;
- Operations relating to ownership issues, protection against hostile takeover bids, restructuring the authorised capital, protection of minority interests, etc.
Our experts will be there at your side to:
- Help you prepare the operation by means of thorough, advance analysis of the legal, fiscal, financial regulatory and accounting aspects;
- Advise you on the optimum structuring of the operation;
- Guide you during the negotiations, the development of an IPO schedule and the preparation of the necessary communication;
- Ensure that your operation complies with stock market rules.
- Achievement of your long-term strategy: we help you secure your position as shareholder and protect yourself from undesired takeover bids.
- International dimension: BNP Paribas Fortis can support you outside Belgium too. We have a huge amount of experience with restructuring and with friendly and hostile takeover bids in many countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Eastern Europe, Canada and Brazil.
Good to know
- It is essential to involve your relationship manager and a Corporate Finance Officer as early as possible in the analysis of your strategic options.
- During merger and acquisition projects and when defending against hostile takeover bids, you are vulnerable to leaks that might affect the value of your business, especially during the preparation phase. Confidentiality is a key factor for success.
- You pay for our advice in the form of a commission (fee) representing a percentage of the transaction.