As a business listed on the stock exchange but also as a non-listed company, you and your shareholders sometimes have to contend with complex transactions involving, for instance, an exit from the stock exchange, the restructuring of your share capital, acquisition of another listed company or dealing with a hostile takeover bid. These are all situations in which you should call on the Advisory team at BNP Paribas Fortis.
How does it work?
A team dedicated to public m&a
Our Advisory for Listed Companies (ALC) team focuses on mergers & acquisitions and more generally complex situations involving listed companies across the EMEA region:
- Public takeover bids, including public-to-private transactions and minority buy-out offers;
- Defense against hostile takeover bids or activist shareholders;
- Mergers, spin-offs, carve-outs, share capital restructuring, share buy-backs, etc.
Our experts will be there at your side to:
- Help you perform a preliminary analysis of the financial, legal, fiscal, regulatory and accounting aspects of the transaction;
- Advise you on the optimum structuring of the transaction;
- Assist you in the negotiations and execution of the transaction;
- Ensure that the transaction complies with stock market rules.
Good to know
Your best partner
- Achievement of your long-term strategy: we are fully committed to dedicate the right team to assist you in assessing your strategic options and delivering your transforming projects.
- BNP Paribas global network: BNP Paribas Fortis can leverage on the strong expertise of the BNP Paribas’ Group in the field of Public M&A in and outside Belgium. We have a longstanding experience of advising clients on public takeover bids and cross-border M&A transactions across the EMEA region.