The Expat offering provides your expat staff in Belgium with banking and insurance solutions that are tailored to their situation and make life easier for them in their new country.
The Expat offering comprises a selection of services that meet the general needs of expat workers, namely:
- Premium Pack, which meets all everyday banking needs and is free of charge for the first year, followed by a fixed monthly charge:
- Three multi-currency accounts, and even multi-user if necessary;
- International online transfers at a preferential rate between countries that are part of BNP Paribas Group;
- Debit and credit cards;
- Easy banking services.
- The service can be applied for in advance wherever your employee is, so that it will be ready for activation as soon as they visit their branch in Belgium.
- Will your employee rent their accommodation? If so, they will often have to pay a security deposit into an account that will be blocked for several years. In some cases, however, your reputation as an employer can save them having to do this.
- If the expat employee wants to buy a home, our preferential terms for a Flexible Home loan are sure to be interesting.
- We can also meet your expat employee’s specific needs in terms of insurance.
- Efficiency: a single point of contact who will take care of formalities that can seem unfamiliar and complex to someone from a different country.
- Speed: a considerable time saving, as your employee does not have to identify and then approach multiple contacts.
- Flexibility: your employee can choose between all or a selection of the services on offer.
- Quality: BNP Paribas Fortis is a serious partner on whom your employee can rely for advice tailored to their expat status.
Good to know
- An ‘expat’ is any person of a nationality other than Belgian, who moves to Belgium to work or study. Close family members – spouse, child(ren) – are also included.
- The expat offering is aimed at your employees as private individuals.
- Your expat employee does not have to wait until they arrive in Belgium to open their account. They just have to fill in the online application form (subject to acceptance). To activate their account and their cards as soon as they arrive in Belgium, they simply have to visit one of our specialist ‘Expat’ branches.
For more details on the ‘Expat’ offering: