Our Fixed-Term Deposit account allows your company to invest its excess cash for a period of time and at an interest rate set in advance. Various options are available offering different currencies, terms and payment methods for interest and the redemption of capital.
- Currency: Euro or another currency.
- Term: You set your own term. The funds deposited are held in the account for the period agreed.
- Amount: There is no minimum or maximum amount. You choose the amount and how your interest payments are made.
- Interest rate: The rate depends on your chosen investment period and currency. It is defined at the outset and is guaranteed until the final maturity date.
- Taxation: Interest is subject to a withholding tax of 30%.
- Transparency: The conditions are set definitively from the outset. Your deposits are protected from market fluctuations.
- Flexibility: A Fixed-Term Deposit can be opened with EUR 1 or 1 unit in a foreign currency. There is no maximum investment amount.
- Security: Your capital is fully guaranteed until maturity.
- Free of charge: You have no entry or management fees to pay.
Good to know
- Since market rates fluctuate continuously, interest rates for short-term investments are likely to be set on a daily basis. The rates are available from BNP Paribas Fortis Business Centres.
- Short terms vary from 7 days to 12 months; however, you can set your own specific maturity date for your interest to be paid, providing you choose a business day.
- Long terms vary from 1 to 10 years. You decide whether your interest is paid annually, quarterly, monthly, or once upon maturity.
- You also have the option to group all your fixed-term investments, regardless of their individual terms or currencies, in a single deposit account.
- For all further information, please refer to the BNP Paribas Fortis Standard Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of bankruptcy or the risk of bankruptcy of the financial institution, the company bears the risk of not recovering its savings or may be subject to a reduction/capital equity conversion (bail-in) of the amount of receivables that it possesses in the financial institution above the sum of EUR 100,000, the amount covered by the deposit protection mechanism (subject to eligibility).
- Any complaints regarding the Fixed-Term Deposit Account should be addressed to:
- BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV – Complaints Management (1QA8D) – Montagne du Parc 3, 1000 Brussels;
- The Office of the Ombudsman for the Consumer (Ombudsfin, rue Belliard 15-17, boîte 8, 1040 Brussels) via http://www.ombudsfin.be/fr/particuliers/home.