Investment LoanHow does it work? Advantages Good to know Useful link(s)
An Investment Loan enables you to finance the medium or long-term purchase or replacement of (in)tangible or financial fixed assets such as land, buildings, machines and vehicles. An Investment Loan is also suitable for financing the acquisition of companies, when either the shares or assets of the company are purchased.
How does it work?
- You borrow for a fixed term reflecting the economic lifetime of the financed good: between 2 and 20 years (including withdrawal period).
- The minimum amount is 25,000 EUR. There is no maximum.
- Depending on your needs, you can draw down the loan in tranches over a maximum of 3 years (including capital exemption period).
- For your convenience, the interest rate (based on the division ‘actual number of days/360’) is either fixed or subject to periodic revision – after 3 or 5 years, for instance.
- You choose a repayment plan consisting of:
- Equal instalments (principal and interest);
- Equal principal instalments with separate payment of the interest.
- Transparency: all the details of the loan are fixed at the outset for the full term. So you know precisely what lies in store.
- Made to measure: you choose between a fixed or variable interest rate and you also decide the repayment conditions.
- Flexibility: you draw down the loan within the set limits as your project progresses.
Good to know
- In addition to the cost of the credit, you need to take account of an arrangement and management fee, a fee on capital not drawn down and default interest in case of default payment.
- You can repay all or part of your investment loan early in accordance with the SME Act of 21/12/2013 (modified on 21/12/2017) on the financing of small and medium-sized enterprises. The early repayment penalty varies according to the amount of the original loan:
- loans under 2 million EUR: the early repayment penalty is equal to six months of interest;
- loans over 2 million EUR: the prepayment penalty is based on the transparent framework of the code of conduct, drawn up in accordance with the SME Act.
Any complaints concerning the Investment Loan may be addressed to:
- BNP Paribas Fortis NV/SA – Complaints Department (1QA8D)
Montagne du Parc/Warandeberg 3
- Consumer Mediation Service
Rue Belliardstraat 15–17, Box 8
Tel. : +32 2 545 77 70
- Sowalfin (if you live in Wallonia)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. : + 32 4 237 07 70
- Agentschap Ondernemen (if you live in Flanders)
Tel. : 0800 20 555
- Regional Investment Company (if you live in Brussels)
E-mail : email@example.com
Tel. : + 32 2 548 22 11
- Infos sur le financement des entreprises / Info over financiering van ondernemingen
- Possibilité de combiner le crédit d’investissement avec des aides publiques / Mogelijkheid tot combinatie met overheidssteun
- Infos sur les sûretés / Info over zekerheden
- Comparative table between Investment Loan, Instalment Loan and Flexicredit
Lender: BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV, Montagne du Parc 3, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0403.199.702. Subject to approval of your application. The information provided to you is for information purposes only and is neither an offer of credit nor a promissory note. It is being provided to you as a basis for further discussion. The Bank may change the information contained on its website without any prior notice and is under no obligation to inform (potential) customers about any such change.