PRO Savings AccountSpecifics Advantages Good to know
This non-regulated savings account for businesses and legal entities enables them to manage their surplus cash very simply. The money remains available at all times, just like a current account.
- The interest on a PRO Savings Account comprises a base rate and a loyalty premium. These are expressed as gross annual percentages.
- The interest rate is not guaranteed and may vary according to market conditions. The loyalty premium can also vary. Both the base rate and loyalty premium are currently set at 0.00%.
- Base rate: interest is payable on deposits for each day they are held on account (from at least the calendar date following deposit).
- Loyalty premium: where applicable, you will receive a loyalty premium on all deposits held in your PRO Savings Account for twelve consecutive months without interruption. Paid loyalty premiums in turn attract the base rate of interest.
- The loyalty premium may vary, but is guaranteed during the acquisition period. In other words, if you deposit EUR 100 in your PRO Savings Account on 30 March 2017, you will receive (where applicable) a premium twelve months later, on 1 April 2018 calculated at the rate applying on 30 March 2017. Even if the loyalty premium has changed in the meantime, this will have no effect.
- The assets are available without notice and continue to attract interest at the base rate until the final calendar day before withdrawal.
- The PRO Savings Account is a non-regulated savings account. Any interest paid on this account is therefore subject to 30% withholding tax.
- Liquid: the money remains available at all times.
- Flexible: you can make deposits in your accounts however you wish: in cash, by transfer, via Easy Banking Business, etc. Amounts can be transferred to any account in your company’s name at BNP Paribas Fortis.
- Free: the opening and management of a PRO Savings Account is free of charge. You pay neither management fees nor monthly charges. You are only required to pay for your account statements if you choose to have them posted to you.
- Security: the capital is guaranteed up to EUR 100,000 under the deposit protection scheme (subject to eligibility: for more information, see the website http://fondsdegarantie.belgium.be/fr / http://garantiefonds.belgium.be/nl – French and Dutch only).
Good to know
- The PRO Savings Account is a non-regulated savings account offered by BNP Paribas Fortis, a company under Belgian law, Montagne du Parc/Warandeberg 3, 1000 Brussels.
- The reference currency is the euro.
- The account may not show a negative balance.
- Base rate: interest is calculated annually on 1 January (or on closure of the account).
- Loyalty premium: interests are paid on the first day of the quarter following the end of the twelve-month period (1 January, 1 April, 1 July, 1 October or on closure of the account).
- You will be notified in your next account statement of any change in the base rate or loyalty premium.
- In the event of bankruptcy or the risk of bankruptcy of the financial institution, the company bears the risk of not recovering its savings or may be subject to a reduction/capital equity conversion (bail-in) of the amount of receivables that it possesses in the financial institution above the sum of EUR 100,000, the amount covered by the deposit protection mechanism (subject to eligibility).
- Consult the Special Terms & Conditions for the PRO Savings Account for all further information.
- Any complaints regarding the PRO Savings Account should be addressed to:
- BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV – Complaints Management (1QA8D) – Montagne du Parc 3, 1000 Brussels;
- The Office of the Ombudsman for the Consumer (Ombudsfin, rue Belliard 15-17, boîte 8, 1040 Brussels) via http://www.ombudsfin.be/fr/particuliers/home.