A business’s revenues and expenses aren’t always perfectly in balance. Some of your customers might be slow to pay their invoices, for instance, while your suppliers expect you to pay up quickly. An Overdraft Facility is an effective solution for this kind of temporary cash-flow shortfall.
How does it work?
- You enjoy a credit line linked to your current account that is specifically designed to cover your temporary cash-flow needs, with daily adjustment according to different debit and credit transactions. The duration of the facility can be either fixed or open-ended.
- The minimum amount is 2,500 EUR. There is no maximum.
- You draw on the overdraft facility as required within the authorised limits.
- The interest rate (based on the division ‘actual number of days/360) consists of a base rate plus a contractual margin.
- Flexibility: you can use our credit line as it suits you, with no further formalities.
- Simplicity: every deposit made into your account contributes to the repayment of the overdraft; you don’t have to worry about anything.
Good to know
- An Overdraft Facility can be denominated in euros or a foreign currency.
- The Overdraft Facility is a short-term credit product and is not suitable for covering long-term financing needs. It can turn out expensive if its use becomes permanent.
- The base rate is variable throughout the duration of the facility.
- In addition to the cost of the credit, you need to take account of a possible application fee, an arrangement fee, a commitment fee on capital not drawn down and, where appropriate, an over-limit fee.
- You can repay all or part of your overdraft facility early in accordance with the SME Act of 21/12/2013 (modified on 21/12/2017) on the financing of small and medium-sized enterprises. Repayment is cost-free and is followed by a corresponding reduction in the credit line.
Any complaints concerning the overdraft facility may be addressed to:
- BNP Paribas Fortis NV/SA – Complaints Department (1QA8D)
Montagne du Parc/Warandeberg 3
- Consumer Mediation Service
Rue Belliardstraat 15–17, Box 8
Tel.: +32 2 545 77 70
- Sowalfin (if you live in Wallonia)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. : + 32 4 237 07 70
- Agentschap Ondernemen (if you live in Flanders)
Tel. : 0800 20 555
- Regional Investment Company (if you live in Brussels)
E-mail : email@example.com
Tel. : + 32 2 548 22 11
- Infos sur le financement des entreprises / Info over financiering van ondernemingen.
- Possibilité de combiner un crédit de caisse avec des aides publiques / Mogelijkheid tot combinatie met overheidssteun.
- Infos sur les sûretés / Info over zekerheden.
- Comparative table between Overdraft, Straight Loan and Mixed Credit.
Lender: BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV, Montagne du Parc 3, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0403.199.702. Subject to approval of your application. The information provided to you is for information purposes only and is neither an offer of credit nor a promissory note. It is being provided to you as a basis for further discussion. The Bank may change the information contained on its website without any prior notice and is under no obligation to inform (potential) customers about any such change.