The Business Debit Card is your easy way to pay and withdraw cash anywhere in Europe and to make secure online payments.
How does it work?
- The Business Debit Card is a bank payment card linked to a professional current account.
- It combines two debit systems, which means you can use it across Europe (and, on request, elsewhere too). Whether you’re paying at the till or online, or withdrawing money from an ATM:
- Bancontact, the most common system in Belgium, can be used to pay in shops, online and even via a mobile app. It’s less well known, however, to businesses in other countries.
- Maestro, the second system is accepted by an international network of merchants and online stores. If you activate this option, you can also withdraw cash from ATMs with the Maestro logo.
The card has a secret PIN for online and offline purchases, as well as withdrawals from cash distributors.
The user can also make very quick contactless payments up to 50 EUR at terminals offering this function.
- Online and offline: you can use your bank card to pay anywhere you see the Bancontact or Maestro logo. A card reader is all you need to secure your online payments.
- Secure: to block the card in the event of loss or theft, you simply have to phone Card Stop (accessible 24/7 on +32 70 344 344). Your liability is limited to 50 EUR in the event of fraudulent operations performed prior to the date the card is blocked, except in case of severe negligence or fraudulent intent.
- Outside Europe: are you planning a trip outside Europe and would like to pay securely and withdraw cash with your card? All you have to do is activate the Maestro function on your Business Debit Card.
- Flexible spending limit: by default, you can pay for your purchases up to a maximum of 2 500 EUR per week. You can withdraw up to 1 250 EUR from ATMs in each seven-day period and up to 625 EUR per day and per card. If you need a higher amount, you can ask for your spending limit to be raised.
- Cash Deposit: pay cash into your account using a dedicated deposit terminal.
- Check your account balance: at ATMs of BNP Paribas Fortis and other banks in Belgium, if they have this facility.
- Self Banking spaces: statement printing, transfers.
Good to know
- The Business Debit Card is issued exclusively in the name of an individual person authorised by the business.
- The card and the PIN code are sent to the holder’s address or any other address of his or her choice. This can be in Belgium or abroad, as well as a Business Centre or a BNP Paribas Fortis bank branch.
- In the event of loss or theft in Belgium, a new card will be issued within six days. A temporary card can be issued in the meantime.
- Payments in currencies other than the euro are subject to an exchange rate fee. A fee is charged for ATM withdrawals.
- The cardholder can add certain third-party payment applications such as Google Pay or Apple Pay.
Are you looking for an ATM? Check out the websites: