The Mastercard Business Silver credit card offers a range of benefits when used for business trip expenses, both in Belgium and abroad (subject to acceptance of your application).
How does it work?
- The card is issued in the cardholder's name, but it is linked to a company account.
- You can set a monthly expenditure limit which can be changed temporarily or permanently to suit your needs.
- The card has a secret PIN for online and offline purchases, as well as withdrawals from cash distributors (maximum 1,250 EUR per week and 620 EUR every 4 days), both in Belgium and abroad.
- You can also make very quick contactless payments up to 50 EUR max/ transaction & 100€ cumulated at terminals offering this function
- The card, PIN number and statements are sent to the address of your choice.
- You can manage the cards and view statements with Easy Banking Business Easy Banking Business.
- Transactions for the current period are closed off on the first day of the month and the account is debited 9 days later.
For the company:
- Easy to control and manage via Easy Banking Business.
- Security: Cancel your lost or card stolen card by making a simple call to Card Stop (open 24/7 on +32 (078) 170 170) Liability is limited to 50 EUR for fraudulent transactions made before the date of cancellation. For transactions made with the PIN, cover is complete from the moment the card is cancelled.
- Insurance against fraudulent use: in the unlikely event that a Mastercard Business Silver cardholder misuses their card, you are covered for up to 5,000 EUR.
Main risks covered: protection against fraudulent use by an employee.
Main risks not covered: transactions made by owners, directors, partners, major shareholders or people not employed by the insured company.
- Purchase guarantee insurance: purchases made with your Mastercard Business Silver are covered by the card insurance for a period of 90 days and for a maximum amount of 3,000 EUR per claim (max. 2 claims per year).
Main risks covered: the reimbursement of the purchase price of the insured stolen item. In the event of accidental damage, repair costs or the purchase price are refunded.
Main risks not covered: items which were not bought, or fully paid for, with the insured credit card. normal use and gradual deterioration of the insured item due to erosion, corrosion, humidity or the effect of temperature on the item.
- Online purchases you are covered for online purchases up to 1,500 EUR.
Main risks covered: Non-compliant delivery or no delivery.
Main risks not covered: items which were not bought, or fully paid for, with the insured credit card.
- Car rental excess insurance: pay for car rental with your Mastercard Business Silver card and disregard the excess insurance conditions in the contract. Material damage to your rental car is covered, of whether you are responsible or not.
Main risks covered: material damage to rental car (up to 10,000 EUR).
Main risks not covered: rental car with a value of over 50,000 EUR or rented for over 31 days.
For the cardholder:
- Pay for goods and services offline or online throughout the world in euros or local currency.
- Secure payments with a secret PIN for all purchases and a card reader for online purchases.
- Luggage insurance: your luggage is insured for delays (up to 750 EUR) and theft (250 EUR) during your business trip with Mastercard Business Silver.
Main risks covered: luggage delays of over 4 hours or loss or theft.
Main risks not covered: delay of under 4 hours.
- Travel assistance insurance: for all business trips entirely paid for with a Mastercard Business Silver card, effective travel assistance insurance is provided. The cardholder can also request from the insurer an insurance certificate for his travel visa.
Main risks covered: transport/repatriation costs in the event of illness or injuries. Refund of medical expense incurred abroad. Search and rescue costs.
Main risks not covered: medical conditions known prior to departure. conditions caused by a suicide attempt. consequences of plane travel if the cardholder is more than 28-weeks pregnant.
- Avis Preferred Club: employees can register their card online to enjoy a range of benefits such as discounts of up to 20% off car rental, priority counter service, and simplified procedures requiring presentation of your driving licence only.
- Hertz Gold Plus Reward: employees can register their card online to enjoy enhanced service worldwide in over 60 airports: pick up a car without going to the counter, reserved parking plus a range of additional benefits.
Good to know
- The card is valid for a period of 4 years and is renewed automatically.
- It is issued in the name of a natural person mandated by the company.
- Payments in currencies other than the euro are subject to commission based on the exchange rate. Commission is payable for withdrawals from cash distributors.
- The cardholder can add certain third-party payment applications such as Google Pay or Apple Pay.
- To make payments on sites using 3D Secure, the cardholder must use his card reader to confirm they are indeed the official cardholder. Sites using 3D Secure technology are identified by the logos: 'Verified by Visa' and/or 'MasterCard Secure Code'.
- Activation for use in the United States is automatic (unlike private credit cards).
- The card and secret PIN can be sent to the address of your choice, in Belgium or abroad, or to a Business Centre or a BNP Paribas Fortis branch.
- Several cards of the same brand and type can be linked to one contract. The cards are valid for the same period and all the statements are sent to one address.
- Different cards and/or card contracts can be linked to the same business account. As a result, you can set limits and receive independent statements.
- Insurance included in the Mastercard Business Silver credit card is a collective insurance, under Belgian law, taken out by BNP Paribas Fortis (policyholder) with Europ Assistance (the insurer). The cardholder is automatically covered by this insurance. Insurance is cancelled, even for goods already paid for, if the insured credit card is not renewed, is cancelled or if the insurance policy taken out by the policyholder with the insurer is terminated for any reason.
- Address complaints to BNP Paribas Fortis Complaints Management (JQABD), Montagne du Parc 3, B-1000 Brussels, fax +32 (0)2 228 72 00. Complaints can also be addressed to the Insurance Ombudsman, 35 Square de Meeûs/De Meeûssquare, B-1000 Brussels. Tel.: +32 (0)2 547 58 71 – Fax: +32 (0)2 547 59 75 - www.ombudsman.as
- For more information, see Mastercard General Terms and Conditions, Mastercard Business Silver Certificates of Insurance, fees or contact your banking advisor.
Are you looking for an ATM? Check out the websites: